Silicon IP Cores
Serial Interface Controllers
I2C, SPI, UARTs & other interface protocol cores
CAST IP makes it easy and cost-effective to integrate serial communications functions in nearly any sort of system. The family includes:
- SPI-MS — a controller for a single-, dual-, quad-, or octal-lane Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) bus, which can operate either as a master or as a slave;
- SPI2AHB — a SPI-to-AHB bridge allowing an external SPI master accessing the local AHB bus.
- I2C-SMBUS — a serial interface controller for the Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) bus and the System Management Bus (SMBus); and
- H16450S, H16550S and H16750S — a set of popular UARTs, with legacy device compatibility in fully-synchronous, flexible designs; and
- HSDLC — a controller for the High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC) and the Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC) protocols.
All of these IP cores conform to their relevant industry or de facto standards and have been thoroughly silicon-proven in multiple customer products.