VHDL models ...
... make system-level modeling and board simulation fast and affordable
- Extensive library of several thousand devices for quick, easy system design.
- Sophisticated timing for accurate simulation.
- Built-in flexibility for changing design requirements.
- Industry standard 1076 VHDL for compatibility with all popular VHDL simulators.
For Synthesizable Models
Please see SCVL-S.
Standard Component VHDL Library
The Standard Component VHDL Library, SCVL, is a comprehensive, economical solution for system-level modeling with VHDL.
SCVL gives you easy-to-use models for thousands of the most popular components. Two packages are available:
- SCVL-L includes selected logic devices from the 54/74 standard parts series, and
- SCVL-M includes memories such as Static RAMs, ROMs, FIFOs, Synchronous FIFOs, Dynamic RAMs, SDRAMs, EDO DRAMs, EDRAMs, Flash Memories, Video RAMs, Double Data Rate Synchronous DRAM, and Synchronous SRAM.
All SCVL models fully conform to the IEEE 1076 VHDL standard, and they use high-level functions for optimal simulation performance.
Each model has built-in minimum, typical, and maximum (min/typ/max) timing values that you can select through VHDL generics. Violation checking for setup, hold, and pulse width times is also built in, with optional generation of "X" values. Violations are automatically reported to a file, or you can disable checking when desired for faster simulation of very large systems.
The models allow for timing back-annotation of input wire delays and load delays. Memory device models use dynamic memory allocation to minimize your system requirements.
SCVL models are delivered in a source-code form that lets you easily change the pin-to-pin timing data and create additional aliases. They are designed for easy regeneration to support any changes in applicable standards.
SCVL includes a 30-day warranty.
- ECL Series from Motorola
- 54ABT Series from Texas Instruments
- 54AC Series from Harris/RCA and Texas Instruments
- 54ACT Series from Harris/RCA and Texas Instruments
- 54ALS Series from Texas Instruments
- 54AS Series from Texas Instruments
- 54BCT Series from Texas Instruments
- 54F Series from National
- 54HC Series from Texas Instruments
- 54HCT Series from Texas Instruments
- 74ABT Series from Texas Instruments
- 74AC Series from Harris/RCA and Texas Instruments
- 74ACT Series from Harris/RCA and Texas Instruments
- 74ALS Series from Texas Instruments
- 74AS Series from Texas Instruments
- 74BCT Series from Texas Instruments
- 74F Series from National
- 74HC Series from Texas Instruments
- 74HCT Series from Texas Instruments
- EDO DRAM Series from Samsung
- EDRAM Series from Ramtron
- DRAM Series from Texas Instruments
- Dual-Port and Four-Port RAM Series from IDT and Cypress
- FIFO Series from Cypress and IDT
- ROM Series from AMD, Cypress, and Atmel
- SDRAM Series from Samsung and NEC
- SRAM Series from Samsung, Xicor, Cypress, and IDT