Call or click.
The BA2x Family of Processors
The Beyond Debug Key works with many 32-bit processors, and is designed specifically for use with the BA2x™ Processor Family. This family includes a set of royalty-free, pre-configured products intended for different applications:
BA21 32-bit Low-Power Deeply Embedded Processor, a dual-pipeline 32-bit low-power processor that delivers better performance than most processors its size.
BA22-DE 32-bit Deeply Embedded Processor, a 4- or 5-stage pipelined processor for deeply embedded applications that use on-chip instruction and data memories.
BA22-CE 32-bit Cache-Enabled Embedded Processor,a 4- or 5-stage pipelined processor, with instruction and data caches for deeply embedded applications.
BA22-AP Basic Application Processor, a 5-stage pipelined, cache, and MMU-enabled processor.
BA25 Advanced Application Processor, a 7/12-stage pipelined, out of order, cache- and MMU-enabled processor.
- BA20 PipelineZero 32-bit Embedded Processor, uses an architecture optimized for maximum energy and performance efficiency in wearables and other mobile devices.
Follow CNXSoft blogger Jean-Luc Aufranc as he sets up and experiments with the Beyond Debug Key:
(Photo of the Beyond Debug Key package from the CNXSoft Embedded Software Development website).
Beyond Debug KeyJTAG, One-, and Two-Wire Debugging for BA2x 32-bit Processors
Embedded software development for BA2x™ 32-bit processors is made easier with the Beyond Debug Key. This compact, cost-effective diagnostics tool enables full access to the debug features built into BA2x Processors via a JTAG interface and simultaneous connection to a UART serial console. It also works with most other processors.
The Beyond Debug Key features a USB 2.0 connection to a PC and a wide target IO voltage range.
It supports the IEEE 1149.1 and IEEE 1149.7 standard JTAG signal set, plus proprietary One-Wire Debug and Two-Wire Debug protocols.
With appropriate software, the Debug Key can be used to perform various diagnostics at the IC and board levels. It works especially well for graphical debugging with the BeyondsStudio™ IDE provided with BA2x processors.
- Transfer rate of 600 kB/s or more
- 30 MHz maximum JTAG clock
- Less than 20 μW power draw from the target board
- Fully compatible with Beyond BA2xTM processor family
- Works with all JTAG-compliant devices; access any 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit processors via JTAG
Extensive Software Support
- OpenOCD support enables access to a range of CPLD, FPGA, flash and processor devices
- BeyondStudio enables graphical debugging of BA2x processors
- Seven autonomous status LEDs for power and flow control diagnostics
Target Debugging Integrated in BeyondStudio
- Eclipse-based integrated development environment
- Simple, straightforward setup of target connection takes just a few clicks
- A modern source-level debugger with hardware breakpoint, watchpoint, and single step features
- Integrated target console
Supports Popular Interfaces
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed 480Mbps connection to PC
- IEEE 1149.1 and IEEE 1149.7 JTAG interface standard pin-out
- RS232/RS422/RS485 UART Transfer Data Rate up to 12Mbaud
- Simultaneous JTAG and UART operation
- IO voltage range from 1.2 V to 3.3 V and including 5 V CMOS compliant signaling
- Independently controlled SRST and TRST signals
- One Wire Debug and Two Wire Debug protocols support