- Integrated IP cores and software subsystem provides basic infrastructure for many SoC applications
- Platform saves significant time over acquiring and integrating separate modules
- Immediately begin software development and test
- Software device drivers, boot code, and complete user documentation included
- Easily add custom logic or additional IP cores to tailor or expand the system
- AXI Interconnect
- Matrix supporting up-to four Masters and eight Slaves
- AXI External Bus Interface (EBI)
- AXI to APB Bridge
- APB Peripherals:
- Watchdog Timer
- Real Time Clock
- Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) Master/Slave
- I2C Master
- 16550 UART with FIFOs
- General Purpose I/O (GPIO)
Call or click.
The BA22 Processor Family includes a set of royalty-free, pre-configured products intended for different applications:
- BA25: 32-bit Application Processor, for demanding systems running applications on general-purpose operating systems such as Linux and Android.
- BA22-AP 32-bit Basic Application Processor, for embedded applications that may need to run a full OS.
- BA22-CE 32-bit Cache-Enabled Embedded Processor, for deeply embedded systems using off-chip instruction and data memories and possibly running an RTOS; 5-stage pipeline, caches but no MMU.
- BA22-DE 32-bit Deeply Embedded Processor, for deeply embedded applications that use on-chip instruction and data memories.
- BA21 32-bit Low-Power Deeply Embedded Processor, implements a 32-bit low-power processor that delivers better performance than most processors of its size.
- BA20 PipelineZero 32-bit Embedded Processor, uses an architecture optimized for maximum energy and performance efficiency in wearables and other mobile devices.
- BA2x-AHB-PP pre-integrated peripherals platform for the AMBA2 AHB/APB buses.
Download our Controllers & Processors IP Overview (PDF).
Get full diagnostics while developing embedded software for BA2x processors with the JTAG Beyond Debug Key.
- BA20 PipelineZero MPU Introduction at Linley Processor Conference
- Webinar - CPU Subsystem Total Power Consumption: Understanding the Factors and Selecting the Best IP
- Power Time - GSA Blog Post & CAST Webinar
See more ba2x blog posts >>>
BA2x-AXI-PP AXI Peripherals Platform for BA2x Processors
The BA2x-AXI-PP provides the essential IP cores and infrastructure software needed for systems using a BA2x Family microprocessor equipped with an AMBA® AXI bus compatiblity. Ready for software development out of the box but also easy to customize and extend, it serves as a basic platform for the rapid development of a variety of system-on-chip (SoC) applications.
The platform is well suited to a variety of BA2x-based SoC designs. It includes an AXI interconnect supporting up to four Masters and eight slaves, and a bridge to the slower APB peripherals bus. The architecture makes it straightforward to add additional IP cores or custom logic to either bus. The platform includes synthesizable HDL cores for the AXI and APB buses, plus various commonly used peripherals.
The platform is suitable for small microcontrollers and mixed-signal controllers for a variety of applications, including factory automation, automotive systems, hand-held devices, motor controls, and intelligent toys.
Options and Bundles
The BA2x-AXI-PP modules are offered pre-integrated with BA2x processor individually, in any combination, or in predefined bundles (see details in the sidebar).
This shows all the available bus and peripheral cores.