Microcontroller and Processor IP Cores
These controller and processor cores are your smartest choice for many SoCs, from embedded systems through full application processors.
High-performance BA2 32-bit µPs use the most code-dense ISA for maximum SoC power savings.
Proven 8051 microcontrollers are easy to code and work standalone in simple systems or as helpers in complex SoCs.
Our processor eval kits make them easy to try before you buy. Even get them pre-built into subsystems with other CAST cores through our IP integration services.
- Discover class-beating BA2 32-bit Processor Cores
- Use proven 8051-compatible Microcontroller Cores
- Try them yourself with Processor Evaluation Kits
- Expand your SoC with
Processor Peripheral Cores
- Replace obsolete chips with Legacy Processor IP
Coremarks run on BA22-DE with no caches or MMUs.
Power estimate is for TSMC 65nm LP.
32-bit Processor IP for the BA2 ISA
32-bit, high-performance µP cores with ultra-low power consumption.
Variable length BA2 ISA yields very dense code for smaller memories and faster, more compact, energy-efficient SoCs.
Easy software development with included tools and standard IDEs.
Best-in-class features with royalty-free licensing.
Different versions, bundles, and platforms:
8051s for Every Project, Every Budget
Industry-standard, with proven capabilities, easy programming, and mature ecosystem.
Ideal controller for mixed-signal sensors and MEMs or as an SoC housekeeper.
Fast—from 4.1x to 12.1x the MCS-51—small, and more efficient than 16- or 32-bit cores.
Different versions, with configurable peripherals and arithmetic units:
MCU and Processor Reference Design Board
Evaluate the features and benefits of our processor cores in your own environment, or get a jumpstart on system development.
These Eval Kits include an FPGA implementing the core plus all the hardware and software you need to run a basic system or start writing custom code for it:
- The Talos-R8051XC2 Evaluation Kit includes an 8051 CPU and peripheral cores running on a DE0-Nano Terasic board.
- The Talos-BA22DE Evaluation Kit includes Deeply Embedded BA22 and peripherals cores on a DE0-Nano Terasic board.
- The Raptor Development Kit supports the BA22-EM and -AP processor cores with peripherals on a Xilinx ML501 Board.
Reliable Processor Peripheral Cores
Ready for SoC Integration
Processors don’t work alone: drop in these ready-to-use peripheral cores to easily expand your system.
These peripheral cores work with AMBA 2.0 compliant buses:
Revitalized existing pharmaceutical printers with a compact, less expensive C68000 replacement board
Legacy Processor Cores for Obsolete Chip Replacement
Extend the life of older systems by making your own replacement chips.
Or build new or extended systems around existing legacy code and using your familiar libraries, development tools, and OSs.
These RTL or FPGA netlist cores are pin-compatible with older chips:
- 8-bit Z80 CPU processor core
- 8-bit 6502 & 65C02 replacement cores
- 16/32-bit 68000 & 68000 for AHB cores
- 16-bit 80186XL & 80186EC compliant cores
- 16-bit 80188EC compatible core
- Fast, configurable 80251 compatible core
- Intel® 387L compatible Math Coprocessor core
Our legacy cores also includes video codecs, peripherals, more; see the Legacy Cores list.