Flexible SPI Master/Slave
- Software programmable Master or Slave mode
- Software programmable SCLK rate
- 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit synchronous serial transmission
- Full duplex operation
- 16 word/byte Transmit FIFO (configuration option)
- 16 word/byte Receive FIFO (configuration option)
- AMBA APB interface
- Interrupt control
- LSB or MSB mode
- Up to four slaves under Master control
- Tristate Slave MISO signaling for multiple slaves
Smooth Technology Mapping
- Fully synchronous, scan-ready, design architecture
Delivered with sample scripts, RTL test-bench and sample test-cases
Call or click.
- OSPI-XIP-AHB Single, Dual, Quad, & Octal SPI Flash Controller for AHB
- QSPI-XIP-AHB Quad SPI Bus Controller with XIP, for AHB
- QSPI-XIP-AXI Quad SPI Bus Controller with XIP, for AXI
- QSPI-MS Quad-Bit Serial Peripheral Interface Master/Slave
- SPI2AHB SPI to AHB-Lite Bridge
SPI-MS Master/Slave Serial Peripheral Interface Bus Controller
Implements a synchronous serial data link controller that functions as either a master or a slave device over the standard Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) Bus,
The SPI-MS bus controller can be configured under software control to be a master or slave device. Reading and writing the core is done via the AMBA® APB bus interface. The core operates in 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit data modes. The data is then serialized and transmitted from master to slave device using the standard four-wire SPI bus interface.
The data is transmitted synchronously with the MOSI (Master Out, Slave In) relative to the SCLK generated by the master device. The master also receives data on the MISO (Master In, Slave Out) signal in a full duplex fashion.
The SPI-MS controller can be used with up to four slave devices. When the core is configured as a slave, the MISO signal is tristated to allow for multiple slaves to transmit data to the master when the slave is selected.
The SPI-MS core is proven and available in RTL source or as a targeted FPGA netlist.
The SPI-MS core is suitable for implementing serial interfaces in a wide range of applications, including host communication with flash memories, and peripherals such as sensors, ADC/DACs, touchscreens, video game controllers, and audio/video codecs.
The SPI-MS as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical sup-port are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.