- PCI specification 2.3 compliant
- 33 MHz performance (66 MHz optional)
- 32-bit datapath
- Zero wait states burst mode
- Full bus Master/Target functionality
- Single interrupt support
- Type 0 Configuration space
- Support of all Base Address Registers
- Support of backend initiated target retry, disconnect and abort
- Parity generation and parity error detection
- DMA Controller Core supporting independent write and read operations available
- Optional bridge / interface to AMBA/AHB or Avalon-MM
- Available in synthesizable HDL source code or targeted FPGA netlist
Call or click.
- PCI-T32 32-bit, 33 MHz PCI Target Interface
- PCI-T32MF 32-bit, 33 MHz Multifunction Target Interface
- PCI-T64 64-bit, 66 MHz PCI Target Interface
- PCI-M32MF Multi-Function PCI Master/Target Interface
- PCI-M64 64-bit, 66 MHz PCI Master/Target Interface
- PCI-HB 32-bit/33,66Mhz PCI Host Bridge
- PCI-DHB-AHB PCI - AMBA AHB Device/Host Bridge Core
- PCI-HB-AHB PCI to AMBA AHB Host Bridge Core
- MAC-PCI Ethernet MAC Controller with PCI Host Interface
PCI IP Core PCI-M32 32-bit, 33 MHz PCI Master/Target Interface Core
The main PCI-M32 Interface core purpose is to isolate the user from having to solve complex problems of the PCI interface implementation and let the user instead focus on the application development.
The PCI-M32 Interface supports 32-bit address/data bus and operates up to 33 MHz (66 MHz optional) PCI clock frequency. It is fully compliant with the PCI Local Bus Specification, Revision 2.3.
The PCI-M32 Interface has both Master and Target capabilities. The interface implements 64 bytes of PCI Configuration Space registers. It is possible to extend the Configuration Space up to 256 bytes if required.
The Target part supports up to six Base Address Registers with both I/O and Memory space decoding from 16 bytes up to 2 GB. Both Target and Master supported commands are:
- Configuration Read, Configuration Write
- Memory Read, Memory Write, Memory Read Multiple (MRM), Memory Read Line (MRL)
- I/O Read, I/O Write
The PCI-M32 is designed for reuse in ASIC or FPGA implementations.
See representative implementation results (each in a new pop-up window):
- PCI I/O communication boards
- PCI Data Acquisition Boards
- Embedded system PCI applications
The core as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.
The core has been verified through extensive simulation and rigorous code coverage measurements.
The core is available in ASIC (synthesizable HDL) and FPGA (netlist) forms, and includes everything required for successful implementation:
- HDL RTL source code (ASICs) or post-synthesis EDIF netlist (FPGAs) for PCI-M32
- HDL RTL source code (ASICs) or post-synthesis EDIF netlist (FPGAs) for DMA
- Sophisticated HDL Testbench
- Simulation script, vectors, expected results, and comparison utility
- Synthesis script (ASICs) or place and route script (FPGAs)
- Comprehensive user documentation, including detailed specifications and a system integration guide