CAN Specifications Support
- CAN 2.0 & CAN-FD (ISO 11898-1.2015, plus earlier ISO and Bosch specifications)
- Time-Triggered TTCAN (ISO 11898-4 level 1)
CAN Node Bus Functional Model (BFM)
- Transmitter and Receiver modes
- Performs integration steps
- Random configuration
- Node type, bit timing rate, time base, jitter
- Frame class models all frame formats and types
- Timing class models all timing parameters (randomize, modifiable)
- Multiple bit rates
- Inter-frame delay
- Bit phase delay adjustment
- APIs to preload and access sparse memory regions
- Error detection
- bit stuffing and injection
- Error injection/callbacks
- Avery and Bosch compliance testsuites
- Compliance checklist focused testing
- ISO 16845 Conformance Testsuite
- Avery-based Directed and Constrained random tests
Call or click.
- CAN-CTRL CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Bus Controller Core
- CANFD-RD CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Reference Design
- CANFD-RxTx High-Speed CAN FD Transceiver Daughter Card
- LIN LIN Bus Master/Slave Controller Core
- CSENT SENT/SAE J2716 Controller Core
- IEEE802_1AS IEEE 802.1AS Hardware Protocol Stack
- 06/13/17, CAST Drives Automotive IP Forward with New AVB/TSN Ethernet and SAE J2716 Sensor Bus Cores plus CAN-FD Time-Stamping
- 03/14/17, CAST Expands CAN Bus Solutions Suite with New PHY Daughter Card
- 11/01/16, CAN Bus Design IP from CAST Now Bundles In Avery Verification IP
- 06/16/16, CAN FD Controller IP Core Excels Through Third Plug Fest Testing
- 04/15/16, CAN FD Plug Fest Shows Robust Operation of Controller IP Core by CAST and Fraunhofer IPMS
- 02/23/16, CAN FD Bus Controller IP Core Gains Time-Triggered TTCAN Capability
- 11/10/15, Avery, CAST, and Rianta Roll Together on Automotive Ethernet and CAN FD IP and VIP Solutions
CAST is a member of the CAN in Automation (CiA) user's and amnufacturer's trade group.
CAN-XactorVerification IP for the CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Bus Controller Core
CAN-Xactor is a comprehensive VIP package for CAN 2.0 and FD bus controllers. SoC and IP designers this CAN VIP package to ensure complete verification of their designs and full protocol and timing compliance.
CAN-Xactor implements a ready-to-use set of models, protocol checkers, and compliance testsuites in 100% native SystemVerilog and UVM. It supports the latest relevant specifications, including CAN 2.0 Part A/B and FD modes and Time-Triggered CAN.
The complete bus functional CAN node model in the VIP package supports integration steps, transmitter and receiver modes (including multiple bit rates), inter-frame delay, and bit phase delay adjustment. It supports the random configuration of node type and bit timing rate, and includes APIs to preload and access sparse memory regions.
The BFM's frame class models all supported CAN frame formats and types. Its open and unencrypted timing class models all applicable timing parameters, including randomize and modifiable. The BFM also performs error detection (callback, bit stuffing) and injection.
The testsuites included with CAN-Xactor include both Avery-developed directed and constrained random tests and the ISO 16845 conformance tests.
Programming The Model
Controlling and executing the CAN bus model is straightforward, as shown in these examples.
Protocol Analyzer Trackers
An included tracker log monitors all levels and improves debug. It records both state transitions and comand-response sequences, as show in this example.
The VIP as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.
The CAN VIP package includes everything required for successful verification:
- CAN Node BFM
- Compliance Testsuite
- User Guide