TSN Ethernet Switched Endpoint
- Two Ethernet ports & one host processor port
- Suitable for daisy-chained networks such as rings
Low Latency & Flexible Switching
- Low-latency Layer-2 Cut-Through Switching
- Run-tine switch configuration enables fast response to network changes
- 802.1Q Tagged VLAN support
- Port-based VLAN
- Configurable VLAN-PCP to TSN-Queue Mapping (QoS by PCP)
- Flexible VLAN and MAC forwarding & filtering
- Configurable MAC lookup table for dynamic and static entries & automatic ageing table
- Ready for IEEE 802.1as (light-weight software stack available)
- Traffic shaping per IEEE 802.1Qav & IEEE 802.1Qbv with eight TSN Queues
- Frame preemption per IEEE 802.1Qbu and IEEE 802.1Qbr (coming soon)
Easy System Integration
- AMBA/AXI4 Interfaces
- 32-bit APB for control/status regis-ters
- 32-bit AXI4-Stream for packet data
- GMII or RGMII, and MIDO Ethernet PHY interface per port
- Requires minimal host assistance for its initialization
- Complete reference designs available for Altera and Xilinx, including sample application software
- The TSN-VIP Ethernet Verification IP package is available for this core
Call or click.
- TSN-EP TSN Ethernet Endpoint Controller
- CAN2TSN CAN-to-TSN Ethernet Gateway/Bridge
- CAN-CTRL CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Bus Controller Core
- CAN-Xactor Verification IP for the CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Bus Controller Core
- CANFD-RD CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Reference Design
- LIN LIN Bus Master/Slave Controller Core
- CSENT SENT/SAE J2716 Controller Core
- 02/11/20, Low-Latency Ethernet MAC IP Core from CAST now ASIL-D Certified
- 01/17/20, CAST Adds Switched TSN Endpoint Controller to Time-Sensitive Networking Ethernet IP Cores Family
- 10/04/19, CAN to TSN Gateway from CAST Bridges CAN 2.0/FD Buses with Time Sensitive Ethernet
- 11/27/18, TSN IP Core making devices fit for real-time Ethernet
- 09/05/18, TSN Ethernet Subsystem Available from CAST Proven at IIC and LNI Plugfests
- 06/29/18, CAST Releases TSN Ethernet Subsystem for Automotive and Industrial Applications
Latest White Paper
This white paper provides an introduction to Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN), an evolving set of IEEE standards that enable the transmission of real-time video and other time-sensitive data over Ethernet. TSN provides for low-latency transmission, time scheduling, and resource sharing, and is increasingly used for automotive buses and other demanding networking applications.
See more White Paper blog posts >>>
TSN-SETSN Ethernet Switched Endpoint Controller
The TSN-SE implements a configurable controller meant to ease the implementation of endpoints for networks complying to the Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) standards. It integrates hardware stacks for timing synchronization (IEEE 802.1AS), traffic shaping (IEEE 802.1Qav and IEEE 802.1Qbv), frame-preemption (IEEE 802.1Qbu and IEEE 802.1Qbr), and a low-latency Ethernet MAC.
The controller core is designed to enable high-precision timing synchronization and flexible yet accurate traffic scheduling. With cut-through switching and minimal buffering even at the Ethernet MAC level, the TSN-SE features extremely low and deterministic ingress and egress latencies, and simplifies the development of time-aware applications. Furthermore, it allows the system to define and tune in real time the traffic shaping parameters according to an application’s requirements, and provides the system with timing information (time-stamps, alarms, etc.) that is typically required for the operation of a TSN network bridge or endpoint.
The TSN-SE uses standard AMBA® interfaces to ease integration. Its configuration and status registers are accessible via a 32-bit-wide APB bus, and packet data are input and output via AXI-Streaming interfaces with 32-bit data buses.
The TSN-SE is designed with industry best practices, and is available in synthesizable RTL (Verilog 2001) source code or as a targeted FPGA netlist. Deliverables provide everything required for a successful implementation, including sample scripts, an extensive testbench, and comprehensive documentation.
This core can be mapped to any any Intel, Lattice, MicroSemi, or Xilinx programmable device, or to any ASIC technology, provided sufficient silicon resources are available. Please contact CAST Sales to get accurate characterization data for your specific implementation requirements. Meanwhile, we provide the following representative results (each in a new pop-up window):
The TSN-SE is suitable for the implementation of TSN Ethernet Endpoints in daisy chained networks (e.g. ring topologies) requiring robust, low-latency, and deterministic communication. Such networks are used in automotive, industrial control, medical, and aerospace applications.
The core as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.
The TSN-SE has been rigorously verified, hardware-validated and tested in real-life environments.
Interoperability tested and verified within TSN plugfests organized by the Labs Network Industry 4.0 (LNI 4.0) association, and the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC).
The core includes everything required for successful implementation:
- Verilog RTL source code or targeted PFGA netlist
- Sample Simulation and Synthesis scripts
- Comprehensive Documentation
- Lightweight PTP Stack
- Device drivers for FreeRTOS and Linux
- Example software application