- Implements IEEE 802.1AS
- Grandmaster or Slave functionality
- Highly accurate synchronization. Accuracy is typically in the order of few tens ns.
- Provides the system with timestamps, periodic event triggers and alarm
- Implements Traffic Scheduling as per IEEE 802.1Qav and IEEE 802.1Qbv
- Implements Frame Preemption as per IEEE 802.1Qbu and IEEE 802.1Qbr (to be added soon)
- Supports up to 8 traffic classes, as per VLAN (IEEE 802.1Q)
- Enables bandwidth reservation and allocation per traffic class, and deterministic, low-latency, low-jitter communication for all traffic classes
Low-Latency Ethernet MAC
- Enables high-precision synchronization in TSN networks
- Egress latency:
10 Tx clock cycles
- Ingress latency:
6 Rx clock cycles
- Egress latency:
- 10/100/1000 Mbit/s Ethernet
Easy System Integration
- AMBA/AXI4 Interfaces
- 32-bit APB for control/status regis-ters
- 32-bit AXI4-Stream for packet data
- MII, GMII and RGMIII Ethernet PHY interface
- Complete reference designs available for Altera and Xilinx, including sample application software
- Requires minimal host assistance for its initialization
- The TSN-VIP Ethernet Verification IP package is available for this core
Call or click.
- TSN-VIP TSN Ethernet Verification IP
- CAN2TSN CAN-to-TSN Ethernet Gateway/Bridge
- CAN-CTRL CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Bus Controller Core
- CAN-Xactor Verification IP for the CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Bus Controller Core
- CANFD-RD CAN 2.0 & CAN FD Reference Design
- LIN LIN Bus Master/Slave Controller Core
- CSENT SENT/SAE J2716 Controller Core
- 01/17/20, CAST Adds Switched TSN Endpoint Controller to Time-Sensitive Networking Ethernet IP Cores Family
- 10/04/19, CAN to TSN Gateway from CAST Bridges CAN 2.0/FD Buses with Time Sensitive Ethernet
- 11/27/18, TSN IP Core making devices fit for real-time Ethernet
- 09/05/18, TSN Ethernet Subsystem Available from CAST Proven at IIC and LNI Plugfests
- 06/29/18, CAST Releases TSN Ethernet Subsystem for Automotive and Industrial Applications
Latest White Paper
This white paper provides an introduction to Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN), an evolving set of IEEE standards that enable the transmission of real-time video and other time-sensitive data over Ethernet. TSN provides for low-latency transmission, time scheduling, and resource sharing, and is increasingly used for automotive buses and other demanding networking applications.
See more White Paper blog posts >>>
TSN-EPTSN Ethernet Endpoint Controller
The TSN-EP implements a configurable controller meant to ease the implementation of endpoints for networks complying to the Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) standards. It integrates hardware stacks for timing synchronization (IEEE 802.1AS) and traffic shaping (IEEE 802.1Qav and 802.1Qbv), and a low-latency Ethernet MAC.
The controller core is designed to enable high-precision timing synchronization and flexible yet accurate traffic scheduling. Requiring minimal software assistance for its initialization, it features extremely low and deterministic ingress and egress latencies, and simplifies the development of time-aware applications. While operating autonomously, the TSN-EP provides the system with timing information (time-stamps, alarms, etc.) that is typically required for the operation of a TSN network endpoint device. Furthermore, it allows the system to define and tune in real time the traffic shaping parameters according to an application’s requirements.
The TSN-EP uses standard AMBA® interfaces to ease integration. Its configuration and status registers are accessible via a 32-bit-wide APB bus, and packet data are input and output via 32-bit-wide AXI-Streaming data buses.
The TSN-VIP TSN Ethernet Verification IP package is available for this core.
The TSN-EP is designed with industry best practices, and is available in synthesizable RTL (Verilog 2001) source code or as a targeted FPGA netlist. Deliverables provide everything required for a successful implementation, including sample scripts, an extensive testbench, and comprehensive documentation.
The TSN-EP is suitable for the implementation of sources of traffic and bridges for TSN Ethernet networks requiring robust, low-latency, and deterministic communication. Such networks are used in automotive, industrial control, and aerospace applications.
The core as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.
The TSN-EP has been rigorously verified, hardware-validated, and tested in real-life environments.
It has also been interoperability tested and verified within TSN plugfests organized by the Labs Network Industry 4.0 (LNI 4.0) association, and the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC).The TSN-VIP TSN Ethernet Verification IP package is also available, to help test the TSN-EP or an SoC containing it.
The core includes everything required for successful implementation:
- Verilog RTL source code or targeted PFGA netlist
- Sample Simulation and Synthesis scripts
- Comprehensive Documentation
- Lightweight PTP stack and device driver for FreeRTOS, easily portable to any other RTOS.
- Linux device driver