The Talos Series Eval Kits work with our:
Talos Series Kits for BA2x Processors include the Beyond Debug Key .
"Designers considering IP are tired of wading through marketing claims and puffed up specs. With Talos we offer a simple proposition: try it for yourself."
Talos Series Evaluation Kits for Microcontroller and Processor IP Cores
The Talos Series of integrated hardware/software kits include everything you need to quickly and easily evaluate our microcontroller and processor cores in your own environment.
Each kit combines a hardware processor core, peripherals, interconnects, and memory with essential software, programming tools, and a sample application.
This allows you to run your own performance, power, or code benchmarks, interface the processor with your own hardware system, and fully exercise and evaluate the processor to determine how well it will satisfy your specific project requirements.
The Talos Series kits are built on the versatile Terasic DE0-Nano Development and Education board, which uses an Intel Cyclone® IV 4C22 FPGA.
Talos Series kits are available for both our 8051 and our BA2x MCU/MPU IP families.
The Talos Series 8051 Evaluation Kits
This eval kit includes a board with pre-loaded FPGA, connectors and cables, and software.
- DE0-Nano Terasic board (details below) with USB cable.
- CDP-XC Debugging kit for the IAR Systems Embedded Workbench for 8051 or Keil µVision Debugger for C51. This external debug pod transmits data between the debugger and the debug target through two interfaces: USB to a PC and either JTAG or Single-Wire to the 8051.
- A sample software application, complete documentation, and the debugger set.
The board ships ready-to-run with the selcted 8051 core impemented in the board's FPGA. For example, The Talos R8051XC2 implementation includes:
- 8051 CPU with 256 bytes of internal RAM
- 16 kB of external program memory - ROM
- 16 kB of external data memory - RAM
- Serial 0 interface
- Two timers
- Port 0 configured for 4 inputs and 4 outputs
- Two external interrupts
The Talos Series BA2x Evaluation Kits
Talos Series kits for BA2x include a board with pre-loaded FPGA, connectors and cables, and software.
- DE0-Nano Terasic board (details below).
- The Beyond Debug Key and Connector,
- USB to mini USB and USB to RS232 cables.
- The BeyondStudio Eclipse GUI, a sample software application, and complete documentation.
The Intel Cyclone IV FPGA on the board includes the selected BA2x Processor Core and related peripherals and interconnects. For example, the Talos-BA22DE Evaluation KIt includes:
- BA22DE Deeply Embedded Systems CPU with 16 GPRs
- 64k of unified QMEM memory
- Hardware floating point unit
- Hardware multiplier
- Hardware divider
- Programmable Interrupt Controller
- Tick timer
- An AHB SoC bus connected to the following peripherals
- Watchdog Timer