- Encrypts and decrypts using the AES Rijndael Block Cipher Algorithm
- Implemented according to the IEEE P1619™/D16 standard
- Capable of processing 128 bits/cycle
- Employs user-programmable key size of 128 or 256 bits
- Two architectural versions:
- The AES-XTS-X version is smaller and can process 128 bits/cycle for all key sizes
- The AES-XTS-X2 version can process 256 bits/cycle for all key sizes
- Arbitrary IV length
- Works with the integrated key expansion function
- Simple, fully synchronous, reusable design
- Available as fully functional and synthesizable VHDL or Verilog, or as a netlist for popular programmable devices
- Complete deliverables include test benches, C model and test vector generator
Call or click.
- AES Advanced Encryption Standard Core
- AES-P Programmable Advanced Encryption Standard Core
- AES-CCM Advanced Encryption Standard Core
- AES-GCM AES GCM Authenticated Encrypt/Decrypt Core
- KEXP Key Expander Core
AES Core Links
FIPS 197, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES): download PDF
AES test suite: The Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm Validation Suite (AESAVS): download PDF
AES-XTS Advanced Encryption Standard Core
The AES-XTS encryption IP core implements encryption/decryption for sector-based storage data. It uses the AES block cypher, in compliance with the NIST Advanced Encryption Standard, as a subroutine. The core processes 128 bits per cycle, and is programmable for 128- and 256-bit key lengths.
Two architectural versions are available to suit system size and throughput requirements. The XTS-X is more compact and can process 128 bits/cycle independent of the key size. The XTS-X2 can process 256 bits/cycle independent of the key size. Both versions have a 128-bit data path.
The AES-XTS cores are fully synchronous design and have been evaluated in a variety of technologies, and is available optimized for ASICs or FPGAs.
This core can be mapped to any any Intel, Lattice, MicroSemi, or Xilinx programmable device, or to any ASIC technology, provided sufficient silicon resources are available. Please contact CAST Sales to get accurate characterization data for your specific implementation requirements. Meanwhile, we provide the following representative results (each in a new pop-up window):
AES in ECB, CFB, CBC, OFB, CTR, CCM, GCM and LRW modes are also available as stand-alone cores.
AES-P: run-time programmable AES core supporting ECB, CFB, CBC, OFB, and CTR modes.
The core as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.
The core has been verified through extensive synthesis, place and route and simulation runs. It has also been embedded in several products, and is proven in FPGA technologies.
This core implements encryption functions and as such it is subject to export control regulations. Export to your country may or may not require a special export license. Please contact CAST to determine what applies in your specific case.
The core is available in ASIC (RTL) or FPGA (netlist) forms, and includes everything required for successful implementation. The ASIC version includes
- HDL RTL source code
Sophisticated HDL Testbench (self checking)
C Model & test vector generator
Simulation script, vectors & expected results
Comparing AES Encryption/Decryption Cores
|AES* (-S or -F)||AES-P (-S or -F)||
AES-GCM or AES-CCM
(-S or -F)
|AES-GCM, AES-CCM or AES-XTS
(-X or -X2)
|Run time Programmable Encryption or Decryption operation||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Run-time Programmagle Cipher-Key length||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Run-time Programmable Block Cipher mode||no||yes||no||no|
|Number of bits/cycle for128/192/256 key||2.91/2.46/2.13 or
* only one encryption/deceryption mode supported by each release of the core