- Eight independently programmable channels of 32-Bit DMA
- Twenty source, individually programmable Interrupt channels
- Fifteen external interrupts
- 5 internal interrupts
- Intel 8259 superset
- Four 16-Bit Programmable Interval Timers
- Intel 8254 compatible
- Programmable Wait State generator
- 0 to 15 Wait states Pipelined
- 1 to 16 Wait states Non-Pipelined
- DRAM Refresh Controller
- The C82380 is available in VHDL and Verilog.
- Functionally based on the Intel 82380 device
C82380 32-bit DMA Controller Core
The C82380 32-Bit DMA Controller core is a multi-function support system. It is designed to provide peripheral support such as Interrupt, DRAM, DMA, Timer and other Controls for the 80386 bus environment. The integrated control allows simplified programming of all peripherals.
The C82380 core is used as the peripheral set for 80386 based systems.
The C82380 core can be customized to include a greater number of interrupts, timer channels and DMA channels. If required, functions can be removed as well. Please contact CAST for any required modifications.
The core as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.
The C82380 DMA Controller core’s functionality was verified by means of a proprietary hardware modeler. The same stimulus was applied to a hardware model that contained the original Intel 82380 chip, and the results compared with the core’s simulation outputs.
The core is available in ASIC (synthesizable HDL) and FPGA (netlist) forms, and includes everything required for successful implementation:
- HDL RTL source code (ASICs) or post-synthesis EDIF netlist (FPGAs)
- Sophisticated HDL Testbench including external FIFOs, buffers, models of interfaces, and the core
- Simulation script, vectors, and expected results
- Synthesis script (ASICs) or place and route script (FPGAs)
- Comprehensive user documentation, including detailed specifications and a system integration guide