- Provides a complete, ready-to-use hardware/software package for JPEG2000 evaluation, proof of concept, or product development quick start.
- Processes up to 100 MSample/sec and can be modified for higher processing rates
- Enables easy evaluation of and experimentation with JPEG2000 video encoding using one’s own imagery.
- Provides a fast PCI Express interface to host computer (MS Windows 7, Vista, and XP).
- Integrates multiple CAST IP cores:
- JPEG2K-E JPEG2000 Compression Encoder Core
- DDR2-SDRAM-CTRL DDR/DDR2 SDRAM Memory Controller Core (if required)
- CPXP-EP PCI Express Endpoint Controller Core
- CCBB-AHB CAST AHB Compression Core Bus Bridge
- Portable on commercial prototyping boards with Altera or Xilinx FPGAs. Of-the-shelf bit-streams available for:
- Altera Stratix IV GX FPGA Development Kit
- 5V330 TAI Logic Module from S2C, Inc. with Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA for IP
- Includes essential software:
- MS Windows Kernel-Mode Driver
- GUI Control and Streaming Software
- RAM Drive virtual disk utility to achieve input transfer rate sufficient for reading uncompressed imagery
Call or click.
JPEG2K-E - JPEG2000 Compression Encoder Core
CPXP-EP - PCI Express Endpoint Controller Core
DDR2-SDRAM-CTRL - DDR/DDR2 SDRAM Memory Controller Core
CAST AHB Compression Core Bus Bridge
JPEG 2000 IP Core JPEG2000-AP JPEG2000 Encoding Application Platform
This JPEG2000 application platform integrates multiple IP cores with memory and software on a system prototyping board to enable off-the-shelf execution and evaluation of scalable, efficient compression of images at any resolution up to 64kx64k pixels.
The JPEG2000 encoder, memory controller, and interface cores are implemented in an FPGA on a commercial prototyping board. The board connects to a Windows host PC via a PCI Express interface. Raw video is fed to the board through a virtual RAM drive, compressed, and passed back to the PC for storage and viewing.
The platform can compress greyscale images with a rate up to 100 MSamples/sec, and can be modified to support even higher processing rates or color images.
Custom software provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for easy setting of JPEG2000 compression parameters. It also manages video streaming, driver access, hardware control, and multitasking.
The application platform provides a turnkey solution for engineers needing to study JPEG2000 compression, develop and analyze a JPEG2000 proof of concept capability, or evaluate hardware JPEG2000 compression using their own imagery. The platform can also provide designers a head start on developing their own JPEG2000 systems.
The system as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.
The system has been verified through simulation, code coverage measurements, and multiple live demonstrations.
The JPEG2000-AP is available with soft cores (synthesizable HDL) or firm cores (netlists) for FPGA technologies, and includes everything required for successful implementation:
- RTL source code or netlist
- Synthesis scripts
- Place & route scripts
- MS Windows Kernel-Mode driver
- GUI Control
- Comprehensive user documentation for the system and for each core, including detailed specifications, a system integration guide, and a demo guide.