- Provides a complete, ready-to-use hardware/software package for H.264 evaluation, proof of concept, or product development quick start.
- Processes up to 1080p video (1920 x 1080 pixel fames) at up to 30 fps.
- Enables easy evaluation of and experimentation with H.264 video encoding using one’s own images and video.
- Provides a fast PCI Express interface to host computer (MS Windows 7, Vista, and XP).
- Integrates multiple CAST IP cores:
- H264-BP-E H.264/AVS SD & HD Video Encoder Core
- DDR2-SDRAM-CTRL DDR/DDR2 SDRAM Memory Controller Core (if required)
- CPXP-EP PCI Express Endpoint Controller Core
- CCBB-AHB CAST AHB Compression Core Bus Bridge
- Built on commercial prototyping boards with Altera or Xilinx FPGAs:
- Altera Stratix IV GX FPGA Development Kit
- 5V330 TAI Logic Module from S2C, Inc. with Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA for IP
- Includes essential software:
- MS Windows Kernel-Mode Driver
- GUI Control and Streaming Software
- RAM Drive virtual disk utility to achieve input transfer rate sufficient for reading uncompressed HD video
Call or click.
H264-BP-E H.264/AVS SD & HD Video Encoder Core
DDR2-SDRAM-CTRL DDR/DDR2 SDRAM Memory Controller Core (if required)
CPXP-EP PCI Express Endpoint Controller Core
CCBB-AHB CAST AHB Compression Core Bus Bridge
H2642RTP Hardware RPT Stack for H.264
H.264 IP Core H264-AP H.264 Encoding Application Platform
This H.264 application platform integrates multiple IP cores with memory and software on a system prototyping board to enable off-the-shelf execution and evaluation of high-definition video compression.
The H.264 encoder, memory controller, and interface cores are implemented in an FPGA on a commercial board that has onboard RAM. The board connects to a Windows host PC via a PCI Express interface. Raw video is fed to the board through a virtual RAM drive, compressed, and passed back to the PC for storage and viewing.
The system can process up to 1080p video at 30 frames per second.
Custom software provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for easy setting of H.264 compression parameters. It also manages video streaming, driver access, hardware control, and multitasking.
The application platform provides a turnkey solution for engineers needing to study and investigate H.264 video compression, develop and analyze an H.264 proof of concept capability, or evaluate hardware H.264 compression using their own video material. The platform can also provide designers a head start on developing their own H.264 systems.
The system as delivered is warranted against defects for ninety days from purchase. Thirty days of phone and email technical support are included, starting with the first interaction. Additional maintenance and support options are available.
The system has been verified through simulation, code coverage measurements, and multiple live demonstrations.
The H264-AP is available with soft cores (synthesizable HDL) or firm cores (netlists) for FPGA technologies, and includes everything required for successful implementation:
- HDL (VHDL or Verilog) RTL source code or netlist
- Synthesis scripts
- Place & route scripts
- MS Windows Kernel-Mode driver
- GUI Control and Streaming software
- Hardware as appropriate (board, PCIe PHY, PCIe cable with ExpressCard Adapter, System ACE)
- Comprehensive user documentation for the system and for each core, including detailed specifications, a system integration guide, and a demo guide.